ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
This programme is suitable for students who want to advance their professional knowledge and understanding in the context of educational research which will enable them to meaningfully contribute to solve educational problems, nationally and internationally.
What will I experience if I pursue this programme?
- The programme will give you the tools to conduct original research that is directly applicable to your field of interest. You will be guided to acquire the skills to conduct original research and present your findings in your thesis that will contribute to new knowledge.
- Your scholarly investigation will expose you to currents issues in education such as issues of leadership, social responsibility, scholarship, community involvement, ethical values and professionalism.
- Students will be exposed to fundamental theories and concepts associated with education, as well as current trends in teaching and learning.
What makes this programme stand out?
The programme is primarily designed to train students to become independent researchers, so that upon successful completion they can claim professional standing as academic staff at any educational institutions or in any other profession requiring skills in advanced educational research.
Is it worth getting a PhD in Education?
A PhD in Education is one of the most valuable and well-recognized credentials in education. It is a terminal degree; the highest you can achieve in the field of education. It signifies that you have the expertise and know-how to be a leader, and are qualified for a range of educational leadership positions in both the public and private sectors.
CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- A Master's Degree accepted by the Senate of IUKL; OR
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master's Degree that are accepted by the Senate of IUKL
- For local applicants, a minimum credit in English language at SPM or its equivalent; OR have attained a Master’s Degree from university/programme where the medium of instruction is English
- International applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 500 OR IELTS 5.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT|
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Areas of Specialization
Adult Education, Educational Leadership and Management, Assessment and Evaluation, Curriculum and Instruction, Multicultural/Multilingual Education, Higher Education, Comparative International Education, Leadership, Policy, and Change, Teaching and Learning, Innovation in Education