Doctor of Philosophy in Education is a broad approach programme where educational research focuses not only on processes at different levels related to institutions like pre-schools and schools, colleges and universities but also to other formal and informal institutions and arenas, like the family, different organizations, and different informal settings where upbringing, teaching and learning take place. The programme is aimed at developing student’s professional knowledge and understanding in the context of educational research which will enable them to meaningfully contribute to solving educational problems, nationally and internationally.
Duration of Study
Full-time : 3-6 years
Part-time : 4-8 years
- A Master's Degree accepted by the Senate of IUKL; OR
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master's Degree that are accepted by the Senate of IUKL
- For local applicants, a minimum credit in English language at SPM or its equivalent; OR have attained a Master’s Degree from university/programme where the medium of instruction is English
- International applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- The programme aims, objectives and learning outcomes of Doctor of Philosophy in Education incorporate issues of leadership, social responsibility, scholarship, community involvement, ethical values and professionalism
- Students are provided with a rich exposure to fundamental theories and concepts associated with education, as well as current issues and trends in teaching and learning.
- Students are also guided to employ appropriate research methods and designs to examine and explore critical matters relevant to education at all levels.
Areas of Specialization
- Adult Education
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Multicultural/Multilingual Education
- Higher Education
- Comparative International Education
- Leadership, Policy, and Change
- Teaching and Learning
- Innovation in Education
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM27,500.00|
Medical Examination :RM265.00/year
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM5,000.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM36,700|