Intakes: June/July & Sept/Oct
ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
The Master of Architecture programme will be about:
- The effect of architecture on the community and society. This will be the main inspiration and concern for our design strategies, especially in terms of safety, comfort and wellbeing.
- The environmentally sustainable architecture that strives to minimize the negative environmental effect of building by efficiency and moderation in the use of materials, energy and development space. Sustainable architecture that is very much aware of consumption of energy and ecological conservation in the design of the built environment will be the underlying principles of our design intention.
- The commitment to explore sustainable concept of fundamental principles, methodologies and approach set within architectural management process of planning, designing and delivering infrastructure.
- The appreciation and thoughtful consideration on the context, framework and culture of place, architecture that responses to its surrounding by respecting what is already there, the genius loci.
- Studio-based learning
- Site visits and appraisals
- Constant communication with lecturers and tutors
- Critical thinking and independent learning to suit a master programme rigor and requirement
CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies from IUKL which is equivalent to LAM Part 1, with a minimum CGPA of 2.70 and a minimum of six (6) months industrial training after LAM Part 1 in a related field (*); or
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field which is equivalent to LAM Part 1 from other recognized higher educational institutions, with a minimum CGPA of 2.70, a minimum of six (6) months industrial training after LAM Part 1 in a related field and pass portfolio review or interview by the department admission panel
- Other qualification that is recognized as equivalent as the above by the Government of Malaysia
- For local applicants, score Band 2 in MUET OR UEC English B4
- International applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English OR obtained Grade C in O-Level
- Admission can be granted to a LAM Part I graduate who obtains less than 2.70 CGPA but not less than 2.50 CGPA if the candidate possesses a minimum of 12 months of industrial training after LAM Part 1 in an architectural consultant office and the level of exposure is considered acceptable by the department interview panel (**)
- Admission can also be granted to a LAM Part I graduate who obtains less than 2.70 CGPA but not less than 2.50 CGPA if the candidate possesses a minimum of 18 months of industrial training in a related field and the level of exposure is considered acceptable by the department interview panel.
- Candidates who have just graduated with LAM Part 1 but who have yet to complete the six (6) months industrial training can be granted conditional admission into the programme. However they must complete the six (6) months industrial training prior to taking the first semester modules of Master of Architecture programme.
- Candidates who have just graduated with LAM Part 1 but who have yet to complete the 12 months industrial training can be granted conditional admission into the programme. However they must complete the 12 months industrial training prior to taking the first semester modules of Master of Architecture programme.
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT|
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Year 1 modules and credits:
Studio Design IVA (5 credits), Studio Design IVB (6 credits), Building Technology A (3 credits), Building Technology B (3 credits), Professional Practice A (4 credits), Professional Practice B (4 credits), Theory & Philosophy (3 credits), Urban Design (3 credits)
Total: 31 credits
Year 2 modules and credits:
Design Thesis I (8 credits), Design Thesis II (8 credits), Design Thesis Report (2 credits), Research Methods (3 credits), Dissertation (5 credits), Elective A: Sustainable Design or Elective B: Building Conservation (3 credits)
Total: 29 credits
HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO PAY
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM39,400.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,800.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM360.00/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM46,800.00|