ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
The PhD in Information Technology (Ph.D. IT) addresses the expanding needs of professionals who manage information resources; solve information, communication and technology-related problems in businesses and other organizations.
The Ph.D would be equally useful to those involve in educating and/or training others in fields related to the applications of information systems and communications. This is an intensive program designed primarily to develop practitioners and teaching faculty with very high levels of both technical and analytical expertise in specific fields of information technology (IT). Research focuses more on industry practice rather than theory. Upon successful completion, the title of “Doctor” is awarded, and the post-nominals of this programme can be used.
The PhD. IT research at Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL) brings together researchers, working together with experienced personnel from leading organizations to develop and innovate infrastructure solutions in overcoming critical issues and thus set the agenda for the future research and education.
IUKL is committed to being a leader in Infrastructure research in line with IUKL’s Vision and Mission.
All candidates under this programme are required to:
- Take a compulsory Postgraduate Research Methodology class in the first semester
- Depending on their focus of research candidates MUST take one of three electives
- Post-Doctoral Seminar,
- Advanced Statistics, or
- Advanced algorithms
(candidates can take more than one (1) if required).
- Defend the Research Proposal (RPD) by Semester 4. Student will not be allowed to proceed to other thesis modules until they successfully defend their research proposal.
- Register for a thesis module each semester until they graduate.
- Deepen and extend knowledge and understanding of Information Technology in the international context.
- Increase expertise in key areas such as Information Technology, Computer Science, and Information System and to broaden the range of professional roles.
- Develop independent research skills and gain insight into Information Technology issues, trends and challenges in the global context.
CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- A Master’s Degree from any institution of higher learning recognized by the Malaysian government OR other qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL.
- Candidate must have completed at least ONE (1) of their earlier degrees (Master or Bachelor) in Computing or related to computing.
- Local Applicants need to have sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course (where necessary candidates may be required to sit for an English Language Proficiency Test (EPT)).
- International Applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 537 OR IELTS 6.0 OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT|
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Postgraduate Research Methodology, Thesis (Incremental Modules Semester wise)
Electives (Select 1)
Postdoctoral seminar, Advanced Statistics, Advanced Algorithms
- Advanced Database and E-Commerce
- Knowledge Management
- Software Engineering
- Data Comm. & Networking
- Artificial Intelligence
- Network and Communication System
- Cloud and Green Computing
HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO PAY
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM30,500.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM5,000.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM360.00/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM40,600.00|