IUKL Research Journal
ISSN 2289-4144 (print)
eISSN 2550-1410 (online)
*IUKLRJ is now indexed in MyJurnal since April 2017
The Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur Research Journal (IUKLRJ) is the flagship journal of the university, featuring research papers that advance the empirical, theoretical, and methodological understanding of soft and hard infrastructure. It publishes original, double-blind and peer-reviewed papers yearly that span the fields of infrastructure across all subfields and disciplines. IUKLRJ welcomes submissions of the highest quality, reflecting a wide range of perspectives, topics, contexts, and methods, including interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary work that reflects current research interests.This journal is published annually.
CURRENT ISSUE :
Volume 5, No. 1 2017
NEXT ISSUE: Call for Papers
IUKLRJ Volume 6, No.1 2018 submissions are open and will be published on a rolling basis. Submissions received after February 4th, 2019 will not be eligible for publication in the 2018 edition, however, they will still be considered for publication in the 2019 edition.
To submit your work to IUKLRJ, please refer the page of “Paper Submission”
- Prof. Dr. Siti Maziha Mustapha, Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Ideris Zakaria, Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Faridah Ibrahim, Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Latifah Amin, National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Prof. Dr. Andi Faisal Bakti, Universitas Pancasila, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Prof. Dr. Gary Rawnsley, University Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Hahn, University of Passau, Germany
- Khairul Salleh Baharudin, Assoc. Prof., Co-editor
- Annie Yap Ai Kin, Co-editor
- Jamilin Jais, Prof., Dr.,
- Noor Saadah Zainal Abidin, Assoc. Prof., Dr.,
- Kong Wei, Dr.,
- Khor Mi Nee, Dr.,
- Che Pee Saad, Dr.,
- Angela Yahea Mansour Abu-Asba, Dr.,
- Mohamad Ayob, Ir.,
- Tengku Anita Raja Hussin, Ir.,
- Abd Razak @ Mahmood Bin Abu Bakar, Sr.,
- Ahmad Abdullah,
- Kamaljeet Kaur,
- Nalinah Poongavanam
- Nalinah Poongavanam
- Karthiyainy Devarajoo, Dr.
- Faridah Ibrahim, Prof. Dr.
- A.Razak Yaacob, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
- Faris Gorashi, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
- Mohd Nasir Daud, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
- Ranjit Singh Dharam Singh, Assoc. Prof. Sr.
- Noura Karamalla, Dr.
- Zaharah Mohd Yusoff, Dr.
- Robiatul A’dawiah Jamaluddin, Dr.
- Mohd Anuar A. Wahab, Sr.
- Siti Nur Aliaa Roslan, Sr.
- Kamaljeet Kaur
- Vigneswari Kalidass
- Pramita Kaur Sidhu
- Muhd Fauzi Abd Rahman
- Nor Hazila Mohd Zain
- Mazlina Abd. Manan
- Ideris Zakaria. Prof. Dr.
- Zulkifli Hanafi, Prof. Dr.
- Saadah Zainal Abidin Prof. Dr.
- Rosli Abu Bakar. Prof. Dato’ Major (K) Dr.
- Manal Mohsen Abood, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
- Hon Kah Wye, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
- Mohd Sofiyan Sulaiman, Dr.
- Abudhahir Buhari, Dr.
- Muhammad Zeeshan Dr.
- Ismail Atan Dr.
- Elmira Shamshiry, Dr.
- Samson Soon, Dr.
- Ideris Zakaria, Prof. Dr.
- Faridah Ibrahim, Prof. Dr.
- Manal Mohsen Abood, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
- Tham Jen Sern, Assoc. Prof.
- Mohd Sofiyan Sulaiman, Dr.
- Indrani, Dr.
- Amrul Kaish, Dr. A.B.M.
- Mahendran, Dr.
- Samson Soon, Dr.
IUKLRJ uses double-blind review, which means that the reviewers of the paper won’t get to know the identity of the author(s), and the author(s) won’t get to know the identity of the reviewer to ensure an unbiased review. To facilitate this, the authors need to ensure that the paper is prepared in a way that does not give away their identity. To help with this preparation, please ensure the following when submitting to IUKLRJ:
- Submit the Title Page containing the Author’s details and the Blinded Paper with no author’s details, in 2 separate Word files.
Information to help prepare the Title Page
This should include the title of the paper, author’s name and affiliation, and complete address of the corresponding author including telephone and e-mail address.
Information to help prepare the Blinded Paper
To ensure the paper is correctly prepared for double-blind peer review, authors need to observe the following:
- Remove names and affiliations within the paper.
- Use the third person to refer to work the Authors have previously undertaken, e.g. replace any phrases like “as we have shown before” with “… has been shown before [Anonymous, 2015]”.
- Make sure figures do not contain any affiliation related identifier
- Do not eliminate essential self-references or other references but limit self-references only to papers that are relevant for those reviewing the submitted paper.
- Cite papers published by the Author in the text as follows: ‘[Anonymous, 2015]’.
- For blinding in the reference list: ‘[Anonymous 2015] Details omitted for double-blind reviewing.’
- Remove references of funding sources
- Do not include acknowledgments
- Name your files with care and ensure document properties are also anonymized
How the reviewers are selected
Reviewers are matched to the paper according to their expertise and our referee database is constantly updated.
- originality and significance of contribution
- interest to social scientists and/or practitioners
- international relevance
- coverage of appropriate existing literature
- adequacy of methodology, analysis and interpretation
- clear, concise and jargon-free writing style
Reviewers are asked to provide anonymous comments to the author and are also given the option of providing confidential comments to the editor. The comments to the author are also made available to other reviewers of the paper.
Reviewers are not expected to correct or edit papers. Language correction is not part of the peer review process.
How long does the review process take?
Typically the paper will be reviewed within 80 days. Should the reviewers’ reports contradict one another or a report is unduly delayed, a further expert opinion will be sought. If necessary, revised papers may be returned to the initial reviewers, usually within 1 month.
The final decision
The Chief Editor is responsible for the decision to reject or recommend the paper for publication. This decision will be sent to the author along with any recommendations made by the referees.
Please note IUKLRJ may forward accepted papers for legal review, if appropriate or necessary.
Becoming a referee for IUKLRJ
If you are not currently a referee for IUKLRJ and would like to be added to our referee database, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The benefits of refereeing for IUKLRJ include the opportunity to see and evaluate the latest work in your research area at an early stage, and to be acknowledged in the journal. You may also be able to cite your work for IUKLRJ as part of your professional development requirements for various professional societies and organisations.
- Research reported should have been conducted in an ethical and responsible manner and should comply with all relevant legislation.
- Presented results should be clear, honest and without fabrication, falsification or inappropriate data manipulation.
- Research methods should be clear and unambiguous so that findings can be confirmed by others.
- Adhere to publication requirements that submitted work is original, is not plagiarised, and has not been published elsewhere.
- Take individual and collective responsibility for submitted and published work.
- Accurately reflect individuals’ contributions to the work and its reporting.
- Disclose funding sources and relevant conflicts of interest when exist.
- Check manuscripts for possible breaches of copyright law (e.g. where permissions are needed for quotations, artwork or tables taken from other publications) and secure the necessary permissions before submission.
- Avoid anything in the text of the manuscript that might be legally actionable, such as defamation.
- Avoid sexist and biased language that could be interpreted as denigrating to others; e.g. use plural rather than single pronouns (“they” rather than “he”) are recommended.
- Be prompt with manuscript revisions. If an Author cannot meet the deadline given, the Author should contact IUKLRJ as soon as possible to determine whether a longer time period or withdrawal from the review process should be chosen.
IUKLRJ holds the copyright to all published articles.
- Adopt peer-review methods best suited for the journal and the research community it serves.
- Ensure that all published reports of research have been reviewed by suitably qualified reviewers.
- Ensure that non-peer-reviewed sections of the journal are clearly identified.
- Encourage reviewers to ensure the originality of submissions and be alert to redundant publication and plagiarism.
- Ensure that appropriate reviewers are selected for to review each submission.
- Encourage reviewers to comment on ethical questions and possible research misconduct raised by each submission.
- Inform editors of possible fabrication, falsification, misconduct or inappropriate data manipulation.
- Explain accurately the reasons why a submission is declined.
- Conduct reviews objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate.
- Identify and suggest key research publications not cited by the authors, if this is the case.
- Refuse to review a manuscript if there is a potential conflict of interest.
- If asked to review a manuscript they have previously reviewed, reviewers should make that prior review known to the IUKLRJ, unless it is clear that they are being asked to provide a reappraisal.
- Evaluate manuscripts objectively, fairly and professionally. Reviewers should avoid personal biases in their comments and judgments.
- Be prompt with reviews. If a reviewer cannot meet the deadline given, the reviewer should contact the IUKLRJ as soon as possible to determine whether a longer time period or a new Reviewer should be chosen.
Special issue for International Infrastructure Conference 2014 (IICON2014) which includes:-
- International Conference on Engineering, Information Technology and Science (ICEITS)
- International Conference on Business & Management (ICBM)
- International Conference on Built Environment (ICBE)
- International Conference on Language, Communication and Education (LANCOMME)
|1||Food Labels Based on Theory of Planned Behaviour in Klang Valley
Zul Arriff Abdul Latiff and Mohamad Amizi Ayob
|2||Mediating Role of Technology Awareness on Social Influence – Behavioral Intention Relationship
Faruq Muhammad Abubakar and Hartini B. Ahamd
|3||Relationship Between Entrepreneurial Passion for Inventing and Founding and Entrepreneurial Intention: The Role of Perceived Creativity Disposition
Abdullahi Nasiru , Ooi Yeng Keat and Muhammad Awais Bhatti
|1||Socio Economy Impact of Soil Erosion on the Affected Population at Sg. Langat
Siti Noraini Ahmad, N. K. F. Mustafa, Siti Nur Aliaa Roslan and Hanah Zakariah
|2||Changes in the Identity of a Town Centre : A Case Study of Al-Khoms City, Libya
Abubaker Omar A. Karit Alla and Zulkifli Hanafi
|1||The Use of Fillers and Hesitation Devices as Communication Strategies Among Malaysian Language Learners
Siti Mariam binti Mohammad Iliyas
|2||Relationship between the Awareness of 1Malaysia Campaign and Secondary School Students’ Thinking and Behaviour
Siti Maziha Mustapha, Suhida Hani Suid Amli Hazlin Ahmad Mokhtar and Farrah Alwani Hamzah
|3||Perceptions of Ethnic Relations and Understanding of Other Cultures after the 1Malaysia Campaign
Suhida Hani Suid and Siti Maziha Mustapha
|1||The Acceptance Level of Industrialised Building System (IBS) Implementation in Sarawak
Dyg. Siti Quraisyah Bt. Abg. Adenan and Wan Azri B. Wan Abu Bakar
|2||The Stabilization of Compressed Earth Block Using Fly Ash
Noorbaya Mohd Salleh and Muhammad Hanif Roslan
|3||Relevancy of Model Terms of Construction Contract for Subcontract Work
Sharifah Huda Syed Mohd and Zulhabri Ismail
|4||Agricultural Waste as Low Cost Adsorbent for the Removal of Fe (II) Ions from Aqueous Solution
Manal Mohsen Abood, Jeyaletchumy Rajendiran and Nik Nuraini Azhar
|5||The Challenges in Implementing Building Information Model (BIM) For Sme’s Contractor in the Construction Industry
Khairul Firdaus Anuar and Mohd Hezriq Idzuwan Zainal Abidin
|6||Performance Analysis of PID Controller for Three-Phase Inverter Fed Induction Motor
Kuan Lee Choo and Dianarita Devi Arthumunathan
|7||Accuracy of Automated Grain Sizing (AGS) at Different Ground Sample Distance
Sulaiman, M.S., Azhari, N.N. and Zainal Abidin, R
|1||High Early Strength of Self-Consolidating Concrete Incorporating Qua-Si-Rha
Dyg. Siti Quraisyah Bt. Abg. Adenan, Ihsan Ahmad Nainy, Muhammad Zuhair Abdul Rasid, Kamarul Izzulaslam Kamarulzaman and Kartini Kamaruddin
|2||Cloud Based Storage Application as A Project Information Management Tool For Grade G5 Contractors in Selangor
Mohd Ashraf Mohd Fateh, Thoyyib Mohamed
|3||Engagement in Informal and Formal Cross-National Diversity Among Local Undergraduate Students in Klang Valley, Malaysia
Norzita Yunus, Ezhar Tamam, Jusang Bolong, NorAzura Adzharuddin, Suraya Amirrudin
|4||Refusal Strategies in English Among Malay ESL Students
Suraya Amirrudin, and Nabilah Badarus Salleh
|5||Harnessing the Power of Mobile Technology A Look at Malaysian Mobile Commerce Landscape
Kamaljeet Kaur, Selvi Salome, Saravanan Muthiah
INFRASTRUCTURE UNIVERSITY KUALA LUMPUR RESEARCH JOURNAL (IUKLRJ)
RESEARCH MANAGEMENT CENTRE
INFRASTRUCTURE UNIVERSITY KUALA LUMPUR
Corporate Block, Unipark Suria, Jalan Ikram-Uniten,
43000 Kajang, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Tel: +6 03 8926 6993
Fax: +6 03 8734 1021