Intakes: March, June/July & Sept/Oct
ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
Safe water and sanitation are fundamental to human development. When people are deprived of these, they face diminished opportunities to realise their potential as human beings. The Millennium Development Goals, advocated by the United Nations, provide a benchmark for measuring progress by regarding human rights to safe water. That is why the goal of reducing the proportion of the world’s population who have no access to safe drinking water is of paramount importance. Achieving this target is critical to the attainment of other goals of development.
The objective of the programme is to educate professionals and scientist to contribute effectively to the development and management of water resources on both local and global scale.
Career opportunities exist for a wide range of organisations including water related companies, research organisations, academic institutions, energy agencies, local, state and federal governments, and local authorities.
The MSc in Water Resources programme provides multi-disciplinary and high-quality university education in the field of water resources. Student will be trained with technical and managerial knowledge and skills to:
- Successfully plan, design, operate and manage water resources projects
- Advice and support authorities in decision-making and policy-making that enhances the safe exploitation and re-use of water and the equitable distribution and conversation of local, regional and global water resources.
CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from any institution of higher learning recognized by the Malaysian government OR other qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL
- Applicants with CGPA of 2.5 to 2.75 may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the Faculty of Engineering and Technology Infrastructure, IUKL.
- Applicants with CGPA of 2.0 to 2.5 may apply to the programme subject to minimum 5 years of working experience in a relevant field.
- International Applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 500 OR IELTS 5.0 OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT|
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Major Subjects (44 credits)
Research Methodology, Water Resources Management, Water Quality Modelling, Surface Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Hydraulics Structures, Open Flow Hydraulics, Hydroinformatics and Decision Support Systems, Advanced Water & Wastewater Treatment (Elective), Environmental Impact Assessment (Elective), Sediment Transport (Elective)
Elective Subjects - Choose 1 (3 credits)
Groundwater Engineering, Environmental Impact Assessment, Sediment Transport
Research areas for dissertation:
Water Resources Management, Surface Water / Ground Water Modelling, Water / Wastewater Treatment, Sediment / Pollutant Transport, Water Distribution and Network Design
HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO PAY
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM32,800.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,800.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM360.00/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM41,400.00|