ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Built Environment programme is designed to provide students with a formal qualification in built environment at the master’s level. Through the programme, professionals and graduates would be equipped with technical knowledge and skill required in the Built Environment sector.
- Preparing students to be competent for research and development in specific areas of Built Environment.
- Development of students’ intellectual ability through research and successful application of advanced tools and techniques that will support their professional development.
- Flexibility of research projects: academics, professional, industrial, etc.
- The research project will be guided by an appointed supervisor.
- The student will be required to attend seminars in the research area.
- The student will be required to present and defend his/her research proposal at the end of his/her first quarter of study.
- The student is required to submit monthly progress reports to his/her supervisor. Periodic consultations will be arranged as set by the supervisor.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the performance of the student on a quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of his/her research, the student will present and defend his/her thesis.
- Geomatic Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Landscape Architecture
- Facilities Management
- Real Estate
OR any other relevant field in built environment.
CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate of IUKL; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree not meeting CGPA 2.75 but above 2.50, may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the faculty; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA below 2.50 or its equivalent qualifications may apply to the programme, subject to a minimum of 5 years of working experience in relevant field
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT|
HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO PAY
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM28,500.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,800.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM360.00/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM37,400.00|