Intakes: March, June/July & Sept/Oct
ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
This programme is designed to produce world-class, competent and knowledgeable graduates in the field of communication, who are sought after not only by local corporations but also multinational corporations (MNCs). The programme focuses on refinement of analytical skills and knowledge required for decision making in the areas of advertising, marketing and corporate communication. This programme will benefit those already with an involved career in the communications field, as well as those who possess a related degree and want to hone their abilities and gain further knowledge in the field.
- The Master in Communication by coursework enables students to gain an in-depth understanding of communication theories and equips them with the practical skills and knowledge needed in communications-related employment areas.
- The programme includes training in research methods and the preparation of a research project on a communications-related area. Skills and knowledge in communication are complementary to other qualifications relating to a wide range of professions.
CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from any institution of higher learning recognized by the Malaysian government OR other qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL.
- Applicants with CGPA of 2.50 and above may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the faculty OR
- Applicants not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant fields as accepted by the Senate of IUKL.
- International Applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 600 OR IELTS 6.0 OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT|
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Students are required to complete core subjects (45 credits)
Theories of Communication, Postgraduate Research Methodology, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Contemporary Communication Issues, Organisational Communication: Selected Cases, Corporate Brand Management, Media Management, Theory and Practice of Corporate Communication, Corporate Social Responsibility, Risk and Crisis Communication, Master’s Research Project
HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO PAY
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM26,700.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,800.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM360.00/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM35,000.00|