Intakes: March, June/July & Sept/Oct
ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
The Master of Electronics Engineering (MEE) programme (By Research) aims at preparing engineering graduates with advanced technical knowledge and skills in finding practical and scientific solutions to meet the needs and changes of the current engineering problems. The programme will also provide a pathway for graduating students to undertake PhD research in one of the specialised areas of electronics engineering.
- Enriching engineering research and education through design and infrastructure approaches.
- Illustrating the infrastructure approaches through a programme focused on the design, development and commercialisation of industrial microelectronics and communication systems.
- Moving towards a Creative Economy by way of the Knowledge Economy in order to sustain development in all areas of Microelectronics and Communications Engineering.
- Computer Programme Development Systems and simulators are available in support of the research work.
- Students must display an independent approach towards their work, but they will be guided in a research project by an appointed supervisor.
- Students are expected to attend seminars and specific lectures in the research area.
- Students are required to present and defend their research proposal at the end of their first quarter of study.
- Students are required to submit monthly progress reports to their supervisor. Periodic consultation will be arranged by the supervisor.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the performance of the students on a quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of their research, students will present and defend their thesis.
All research topics tend towards, but are not limited to the application and innovation of new and emerging electronic components and technology in the field of Microelectronics and Communications, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence. Research in the Department of Electronics Engineering falls into three main cluster:
|Research Cluster||Area Expertise|
Research cluster 1: Electronics Communication
Research cluster 2: Microelectronics
Research cluster 3: Industry Robotics
CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from any institution of higher learning recognized by the Malaysian government OR other qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL
- Applicants with CGPA of 2.5 and above may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the Faculty of Engineering and Technology Infrastructure, IUKL
- Applicants with CGPA of 2.0 and above may apply to the programme subject to minimum 5 years of working experience in a relevant field
- International Applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 500 OR IELTS 5.0 OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT|
HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO PAY
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM30,100.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,800.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM360.00/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM39,800.00|