ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
Being one of the most recognized universities in the field of civil engineering in Malaysia, IUKL offers a Master of Civil Engineering (by research) programme. The Master in Civil Engineering is designed to provide students with a formal qualification in engineering at the master’s level. The candidate may choose any area of civil engineering offered i.e Construction, Structural, Geotechnical, Hydraulic & Water Resources and Highway & Pavement engineering. Career opportunities exist in a wide range of organizations including manufacturing companies, research organizations, academic institutions, energy agencies, local, state and federal governments and local authorities.
- To prepare students to be competent for research and development in specific areas of civil engineering.
- To develop of students’ intellectual ability through research and successful application of advanced tools and techniques that will support their professional development.
- The programme offers flexibility of research projects: academic, professional, industrial, etc.
- The research project will be guided by an appointed supervisor.
- The student will be required to attend seminars in the research area.
- The student will be required to present and defend his/her research proposal at the end of his/her first quarter of study.
- The student is required to submit monthly progress reports to his/her supervisor. Periodic consultations will be arranged as set by the supervisor.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the performance of the student on a quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of his/her research, the student will present and defend his/her thesis.
- Construction of physical infrastructure facilities
- Rural and low-cost housing
- Small and medium industrial buildings
- Appropriate foundation design
- Ground improvement methods
- Slope stabilization
Highway and Pavement Engineering
- Development of new materials
- New techniques in design
- Advanced concrete technology
- Design problems for structures
- Modelling of structures
Water Resources Engineering
- Analysis and modelling of hydraulic and hydrological systems
- River and estuary studies and flood control
- Surface and ground water quality modelling
CHECK IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with a CGPA of 2.50 and above from any institutions of higher learning recognized by Malaysian government OR other qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL.
- Applicants with CGPA of 2.00 and above may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the Faculty of Engineering and Technology Infrastructure, IUKL.
- Degree holders of Bachelor’s of Science or Technology (non-engineering or engineering technology) with CGPA above 2.0 but less than 2.5 may be admitted, subject to a rigorous internal assessment
|ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT|
HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO PAY
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM30,100.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,800.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM360.00/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM39,800.00|
Our Success Story
From my personal experience, the IUKL Engineering programme is excellent. The faculty provides the guidance and instructions necessary to obtain a sound education. Their research efforts have also given the students the opportunity to gain experience in conducting proper research under the supervision of highly experienced lecturers. This has given me the opportunity to excel in my research. I would recommend IUKL not only to my family and friends but also to all the students from my country.