The Doctor of Philosophy in Communication (By Research) is a programme specially designed to groom professional communicators with practical, intellectual, creative, critical, managerial, and research skills grounded in strong ethical practices. This programme brings into the classroom real-world issues challenging professionals in the field.
Duration of Study
Full time : 3 – 5 years
Part time : 4 – 6 years
- A Master’s Degree OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with a First Class Honors and has registered as a full time research Master’s Degree student and passed the related qualification tests OR other qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL.
- International applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 600 OR IELTS 6.0 OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- Develop students' intellectual ability to specialize in the area of communication.
- Engage students in case studies related to communication.
- Equip students with advanced knowledge, tools and techniques that will support their research capabilities.
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM30,500.00|
Medical Examination: RM265.00/year
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,800.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM40,500.00|
Areas of Specialization
- Communication Technology and Society
- Corporate Communication
- Crisis and Risk Communication
- Human Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Mass Communication
- Media and Culture
- Media Ethics and Professionalism
- Media Management
- Organizational Communication
- Political Communication
- Reputation and Branding