The Doctor of Philosophy in Communication is a programme specially designed to groom professional communicators with practical, intellectual, creative, critical, managerial, and research skills grounded in strong ethical practices. This programme brings into the classroom real-world issues challenging professionals in the field.
Duration of Study
Full time : 3 – 5 years
Part time : 4 – 6 years
- A Master's Degree; OR
- Bachelor's Degree with a First Class Honours and has registered as a full time research Master's degree student and passed the related qualification tests; OR
- Other qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course.
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 600 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- Develop students' intellectual ability to specialize in the area of communication.
- Engage students in case studies related to communication.
- Equip students with advanced knowledge, tools and techniques that will support their research capabilities.
- Postgraduate Research Methodology
(Evaluation: Pass / Fail)
- Theories of Communication
(For student who do not have Communication background. Evaluation: pass / Fail)
- Proposal Defense
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM30,500.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM5,000.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM40,500.00|
- Communication in Comparative International Development and Education
- Communication Technology
- Corporate Communication
- Diplomatic Communication
- Gender and Communication
- Generation Gap and Communication
- Human Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- International Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Media and Communication
- Media and Language
- Media Ethics
- Media Management
- Multicultural Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Rhetoric and Cultural Communication
- Sustainable Communication