Safe water and sanitation are fundamental to human development. When people are deprived of these, they face diminished opportunities to realise their potential as human beings. The Millennium Development Goals, advocated by the United Nations, provide a benchmark for measuring progress by regarding human rights to safe water. That is why the goal of reducing the proportion of the world’s population who have no access to safe drinking water is of paramount importance. Achieving this target is critical to the attainment of other goals of development.
The objective of the programme is to educate professionals and scientist to contribute effectively to the development and management of water resources on both local and global scale.
Career opportunities exist for a wide range of organizations including water related companies, research organizations, academic institutions, energy agencies, local, state and federal governments, and local authorities.
Duration of Study
Full time : 1 ½ – 2 years
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from IUKL or any institutions of higher learning accredited by the government, OR other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the faculty
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above may apply to the programme subject to minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant field
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- Successfully plan, design, operate and manage water resources projects
- Advice and support authorities in decision-making and policy-making that enhances the safe exploitation and re-use of water and the equitable distribution and conversation of local, regional and global water resources.
Major Subjects (48 credit hours)
- Research Methodology
- Water Resources Management
- Water Quality Modelling
- Surface Hydrology
- Hydraulics Structures
- Open Flow Hydraulics
- Hydroinformatics and Decision Support Systems
- Advanced Water & Wastewater Treatment (Elective)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (Elective)
- Sediment Transport (Elective)
- Groundwater Engineering
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Sediment Transport
- Water Resources Management
- Surface Water / Ground Water Modelling
- Water / Wastewater Treatment
- Sediment / Pollutant Transport
- Water Distribution and Network Design
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM32,800.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,200.00|
|Medical Insurance||RM500.00/year||Medical Examination||RM250.00/year|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM40,500.00|