Being one of the most recognized university in the field of civil engineering in Malaysia, IUKL is offering a Master of Science in Construction Management degree (by Mix-mode). The Master of Science in Construction Management (MScCM) is designed for students with an undergraduate degree in a relative engineering discipline who wish to pursue a graduate degree. The Master of Science in Construction Management is designed to provide students with a formal qualification at the master’s level.
Master of Science in Construction Management programme provides multi-disciplinary and high-quality university education in the field of Construction Management. Candidates will be trained with technical and managerial knowledge and skills to:
(i) successfully plan, operate and manage construction projects; and
(ii) advise and support authorities in decision-making and policy-making.
The general programme objective is to educate professionals and scientists who contribute effectively to the development and management of Construction industry on both a local and global scale.
A combination of lectures, coursework and research enables the candidate to be exposed to advanced knowledge of construction technology and methods, construction management, project costing and at the same time to explore, research, and analyse in order to come up with the most effective framework for the success of the construction projects implementation and at the same time fully aware of the sustainability issues and commitment to them.
Career opportunities exist for a wide range of organizations including manufacturing construction companies, research organizations, academic institutions, energy agencies, local, state and federal governments and local authorities.
Duration of Study
Master (Full time): 1.5 – 2 Years
Credit Hour: 56
Malaysian Quality Assurance (MQA) (Provisional)
Graduate Research Assistantship, GRA
Minimum Entry Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or any related field from any Malaysian government accredited institution with a CGPA of 2.75 and above
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.5 and above may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the faculty
- Other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
Year 1 (25 Credits)
- Research Methodology
- Value Management
- Risk Management and Construction*
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Concrete Technology*
- Management Theory and Organisational Behavior
- The Economic of Construction Industry*
- Construction Management
- Financial Management
- Construction Law and Contracts
Year 2 (Six Month - 20 Credits)
- Research Project 1
- Research Project 2
In first year, students will acquire advanced knowledge on different Construction Management specializations as well as research methods.
In the second year, The students will be able to defend their thesis proposal from the first semester and finalize their thesis in the second semester.
In terms of academic pathways, IUKL (MScCM) provides students :
- Advanced knowledge on Construction Management modules
- Advanced research methods and guidance to carry out their research;
- Continuous guidance throughout the research
Upon graduation the student have already acquired advanced knowledge mastery in the one of the fields of civil engineering that can lay the foundation to upgrade their studies to PhD level.
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM29,200.00|
Medical Examination: RM265.00/year
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM5,000.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM37,000.00|
IUKL has signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) with various universities over the world such as :-
- The University of Adelaide, Australia
- The University of Tasmania, Australia
- University of Portsmouth, UK
- La Trobe University, Australia
- Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- The University of New South Wales, Australia
- The University of Newcastle, Australia
- The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- The University of Birmingham, UK
- The University of Surrey, UK
- The University, China
Career prospects in the Construction sector are excellent. The Construction Management sector proves to be a stable employment environment with a continually rising need for highly educated professionals. Programme graduates will deal with the management of Construction industry and, to a lesser extent, with education and research. Graduates are therefore prepared to fulfill both a professional and academic role. The programme’s academic-level education not only prepares construction sector professionals but also future lecturers and researchers, creating a multiplier effect that spreads across many countries.
Government agencies, Construction & Development Companies, and other companies play a decisive role in the management of present and future country’s infrastructure. They need well-trained Construction Management professionals. Many graduates find employment with private companies, such as consultancy agencies and industrial firms. Others go on to careers in non-governmental organisations.
- Facilities manager
- Project manager
- Construction manager
- Cost consultant
- Maintenance manager
- Quality assurance manager