The Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Built Environment programme is designed to provide students with a formal qualification in built environment at the master’s level. Through the programme, professionals and graduates would be equipped with technical knowledge and skill required in the Built Environment sector. The programme also serves as an opportunity and pathway to pursue the PhD in Built Environment and other relevant fields.
Duration of Study
Full time: 1 ½ – 2 years
Part time: 3-4 years
- A Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate of IUKL; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree not meeting CGPA 2.75 but above 2.50, may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the faculty; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA below 2.50 or its equivalent qualifications may apply to the programme, subject to a minimum of 5 years of working experience in relevant field
- For local applicants, an English Language proficiency level considered sufficient to satisfactorily complete the course
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- Preparing students to be competent for research and development in specific areas of Built Environment.
- Development of students’ intellectual ability through research and successful application of advanced tools and techniques that will support their professional development.
- Flexibility of research projects: academics, professional, industrial, etc.
- The research project will be guided by an appointed supervisor.
- The student will be required to attend seminars in the research area.
- The student will be required to present and defend his/her research proposal at the end of his/her first quarter of study.
- The student is required to submit monthly progress reports to his/her supervisor. Periodic consultations will be arranged as set by the supervisor.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the performance of the student on a quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of his/her research, the student will present and defend his/her thesis.
- Geomatic Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Landscape Architecture
- Facilities Management
- Real Estate
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM28,500.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM5,000.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM37,300.00|