The Master in Information Technology (by research) aims at preparing graduates from IT background and non IT background with advanced technical knowledge and skills in finding practical and scientific solution to meet the needs and changes of the current IT problems. The programme will also provide a pathway for graduating students to undertake PhD research in one of the specialized areas of IT.
Duration of Study
Full time : 1 ½ years
Part time : 2 – 4 years
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from any institution of higher learning recognized by the Malaysian government OR other qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL
- Applicants with CGPA of 2.50 and above may apply to the programme subject to rigorous internal assessment process OR
- Applicants not meeting CGPA of 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant field
- International Applicants are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0 OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English
- Preparing students to be competent for research and development in specific areas of Information Technology
- Development of students' intellectual ability through research and successful application of advanced tools and techniques that will support their professional development
- Computer related development tools and simulators are available in support of the research work.
Major Subjects (3 credits)
i. Research Methodology
Elective Subjects – Choose 1 (3 Credits)
i. Seminar on Current Trend in IT
ii. Advanced Statistics
iii. Advanced Algorithm
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM34,190.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,200.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM40,700.00|
Students allowed working on any area under IT. Some research topics are as follows:
- Investigation on latest software engineering processes, models and methods of implementation in improving software development and evolution.
- Develop automated tools in measuring and improving software processes and methods.
- Investigation on network Security of Cloud Computing
- Other immerging research areas like Wireless and Mobile Networking, Mobile Ad-Hoc networking and Data Center Networking.
- Implement cross field research work such as Energy and Networking and Software Defined Networking.
- Research on audio video content analysis and recognition, media streaming, computer vision, image processing, graphics, novel user interfaces, pervasive computing and visual informatics.
- Considering new ways of utilizing the rapid developments in the media—from traditional print to cutting-edge electronics, signal processing, multi-model integration, media transport and sharing, multimedia security, location-based, mobile multimedia and android-based smartphone application.
- Other research areas are human, social and educational aspects of multimedia; arts and contemporary digital culture; and unstructured information management.