Being one of the most recognized universities in the field of civil engineering in Malaysia, IUKL offers a Master of Civil Engineering (by research) programme. The Master in Civil Engineering is designed to provide students with a formal qualification in engineering at the master’s level. The candidate may choose any area of civil engineering offered i.e Construction, Structural, Geotechnical, Hydraulic & Water Resources and Highway & Pavement engineering. Career opportunities exist in a wide range of organizations including manufacturing companies, research organizations, academic institutions, energy agencies, local, state and federal governments and local authorities.
Duration of Study
Full time : 1 ½ – 2 years
Part time : 3 – 4 years
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from IUKL or any institutions of higher learning accredited by the government, OR other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the faculty
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above may apply to the programme subject to minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant field
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- To prepare students to be competent for research and development in specific areas of civil engineering.
- To develop of students’ intellectual ability through research and successful application of advanced tools and techniques that will support their professional development.
- The programme offers flexibility of research projects: academic, professional, industrial, etc.
- The research project will be guided by an appointed supervisor.
- The student will be required to attend seminars in the research area.
- The student will be required to present and defend his/her research proposal at the end of his/her first quarter of study.
- The student is required to submit monthly progress reports to his/her supervisor. Periodic consultations will be arranged as set by the supervisor.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the performance of the student on a quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of his/her research, the student will present and defend his/her thesis.
- Construction of physical infrastructure facilities
- Rural and low-cost housing
- Small and medium industrial buildings
- Appropriate foundation design
- Ground improvement methods
- Slope stabilization
Highway and Pavement Engineering
- Development of new materials
- New techniques in design
- Advanced concrete technology
- Design problems for structures
- Modeling of structures
Water Resources Engineering
- Analysis and modeling of hydraulic and hydrological systems
- River and estuary studies and flood control
- Surface and ground water quality modeling
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM30,100.00|
Medical Examination: RM265.00/year
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM5,000.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM39,800.00|