The Master of Electronics Engineering (MEE) programme (By Research) aims at preparing engineering graduates with advanced technical knowledge and skills in finding practical and scientific solutions to meet the needs and changes of the current engineering problems. The programme will also provide a pathway for graduating students to undertake PhD research in one of the specialised areas of electronics engineering.
Duration of Study
Full time : 1 ½ – 2 years
Part time : 3 – 4 years
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with a CGPA of 2.75 and above from IUKL or any institutions of higher learning accredited by the government, OR other equivalent qualifications approved by the Senate of IUKL
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above may apply to the programme pending internal assessment by the faculty
- A Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above may apply to the programme subject to minimum 5 years of working experience in relevant field
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language to satisfactorily complete the course
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- Enriching engineering research and education through design and infrastructure approaches.
- Illustrating the infrastructure approaches through a programme focused on the design, development and commercialisation of industrial microelectronics and communication systems.
- Moving towards a Creative Economy by way of the Knowledge Economy in order to sustain development in all areas of Microelectronics and Communications Engineering.
- Computer Programme Development Systems and simulators are available in support of the research work.
- Students must display an independent approach towards their work, but they will be guided in a research project by an appointed supervisor.
- Students are expected to attend seminars and specific lectures in the research area.
- Students are required to present and defend their research proposal at the end of their first quarter of study.
- Students are required to submit monthly progress reports to their supervisor. Periodic consultation will be arranged by the supervisor.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the performance of the students on a quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of their research, students will present and defend their thesis.
1- Radio Frequency and Microwave Engineering: Microwave Circuits, Radar, Antennas and Propagation
2- Computer, Telecommunication Networks and Machine Vision
3- Microelectronics and Integrated Circuit Designs
4- Power Electronics
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM29,800.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,200.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM37,600.00|