This programme is designed to produce world-class, competent and knowledgeable graduates in the field of communication, who are sought after not only by local corporations but also multinational corporations (MNCs). The programme focuses on refinement of analytical skills and knowledge required for decision making in the areas of advertising, marketing and corporate communication. This programme will benefit those already with an involved career in the communications field, as well as those who possess a related degree and want to hone their abilities and gain further knowledge in the field.
Duration of Study
Full time : 1 ½ years
Part time : 1 ½ – 2 years
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, with a minimum CGPA of 2.75, as accepted by the Senate of IUKL
- A Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.75 but above 2.50, can be accepted subject to internal assesment by the faculty
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field as accepted by the Senate of IUKL
- Any professional qualifications recognized by Malaysian government and the Senate of IUKL
- For local applicants, sufficient mastery of the English language is required
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 600 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- The Master in Communication by coursework enables students to gain an in-depth understanding of communication theories and equips them with the practical skills and knowledge needed in communications-related employment areas.
- The programme includes training in research methods and the preparation of a research project on a communications-related area. Skills and knowledge in communication are complementary to other qualifications relating to a wide range of professions.
Core Subjects (33 credit hours)
- Theories of Communication
- Contemporary Communication Issues
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Postgraduate Research Methodology
- Organizational Communication: Selected Cases
- Corporate Brand Management
- Application of New Media
- Master’s Research Project
Corporate Communication (12 credit hours)
- Theory and Practice of Corporate Communication
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Risk and Crisis Communication
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM23,900.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,200.00|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM30,300.00|