The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Built Environment programme aims to provide opportunity to professionals and graduates to pursue higher knowledge through analysis, synthesis and research in the challenging Built Environment sector. This programme is recommended for those who expect to engage in a professional career in research, teaching or technical work of an advanced nature.
Duration of Study
Full time: 3-6 years
Part time: 4-8 years
- A Master's Degree accepted by the Senate of IUKL; OR
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master's Degree that are accepted by the Senate of IUKL
- For local applicants, an English language proficiency level considered sufficient to satisfactorily complete the course
- International applicants who originate from a country where English is the native language; OR are required to have a minimum score of TOEFL 550 OR IELTS 6.0.; OR have attained a degree from a university where the medium of instruction is in English.
- To provide students with flexibility of research and develop students’ intellectual ability in specialised areas of Built Environment.
- To equip students with advanced knowledge, tools and techniques that will support their research capability and career development.
- To expose students to the research frontier in various fields of specialisation in Built Environment.
- The research project will be guided by an appointed supervisor.
- Students will be required to attend seminars in their research area.
- Students will be required to present and defend their research proposal at the end of their first quarter of study.
- Students are required to submit monthly progress reports to their supervisors. Periodic consultations will be arranged as set by the supervisor.
- Students are required to publish at least one paper in their research area in an international journal or present at a conference.
- The Postgraduate Studies Committee will review the students’ performance on a quarterly basis.
- Upon completion of their research, students will have to present and defend their thesis.
- Geomatic Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Landscape Architecture
- Facilities Management
- Real Estate
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM46,100.00|
|Caution Fee (Refundable)||RM1,500.00|
|International Student Administrative Fee||RM4,200.00|
|Medical Insurance||RM500.00/year||Medical Examination||RM250.00/year|
|Visa Processing Fee||RM381.60/year|
|Total Fees (Approximate)||RM54,000.00|